Represent fractions with denominators from 1 to 100 with circle and bar models.
The Fractions app lets students use a bar or circle to represent, compare, and perform operations with fractions with denominators from 1 to 100. Choose to create a bar or circle fraction and choose the total number of equal parts in the whole. Then show a fraction by filling in parts of the whole with color. Show or hide numeric labels as needed. Superimpose fractions upon each other to compare fractions or see equal parts.
The Fractions app is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use laptops, iPads, or Chromebooks.
- Choose a bar or circle to represent the whole.
- Divide each whole into 1 to 100 equal parts.
- Fill in parts of the whole with color to show a fraction.
- Rotate fractions or drag to resize the whole.
- Hide and reveal fraction labels.
- Share your work by saving an image or creating an 8-character code and link to send to others.
Get More From This App
Bridges Strategies & Models: Clock Fractions
Please note that the videos below include graphics and number overlays that are not part of the Fractions app.
Technical Support and Feedback
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations: “We improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.” For app support and feedback, contact them at www.clarity-innovations.com/apps.
© 2021 The Math Learning Center