Stretch virtual bands around pegs to form line segments and polygons.
The Geoboard app is a tool for exploring a variety of mathematical topics introduced in the elementary and middle grades. Learners stretch bands around the pegs to form line segments and polygons and make discoveries about perimeter, area, angles, congruence, fractions, and more.
This virtual version of the manipulative is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use laptops, iPads, or Chromebooks.
- Create line segments and polygons by stretching bands around the geoboard’s pegs.
- Choose from 8 different band colors.
- Fill individual shapes with color, or use the Fill All tool to toggle all the bands between filled and unfilled.
- Switch between the standard 25-peg square board, a rectangular board with 150 pegs, or a circular board with 13 pegs.
- Duplicate shapes, then move, reflect, and rotate them to explore symmetry and congruency.
- Display grid lines with or without numbering to more easily calculate area and identify shape locations.
- Share your work by saving an image or creating an 8-character code and link to send to others.
The Geoboard app was made possible by a generous donation from Dr. David Moursund.
Technical Support and Feedback
Please contact our team for app support and feedback.
© 2022 The Math Learning Center
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations: “We improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.” www.clarity-innovations.com.