Preview and Evaluate the MLC Curriculum
As educators, you strive to make well-informed curriculum adoption decisions. We fully support this goal and offer the following summary of the philosophy, assumptions, and expectations inherent in our curriculum.
- Learning is a collaborative and social endeavor.
- Learning is a process of constructing meaning to make sense of concepts.
- Learning requires perseverance and willingness to experience disequilibrium.
- Encourage students to be responsible for their own learning.
- Use good questioning strategies and draw out student thinking.
- Promote discourse while creating a safe learning environment.
- Solve problems using visual models and manipulatives.
- Make and test conjectures while recording their thinking.
- Talk and move around the classroom as they actively engage in learning.
- Provide time and resources for professional development and collaboration.
- Allocate funds for required items not included as well as for copying needs.
- Plan for and expect a full implementation with fidelity.
- Schedule 80 minutes each day for math.
- Plan for teacher prep time, especially the first year.
- Allocate wall space for the Calendar Grid and other anchor charts.