Explore time, fractions, and more on virtual clocks with geared or free-moving hands.
Math Clock helps students become fluent working with time. Learners use analog clocks with geared or free-moving hands to learn how to tell time, explore jumps with count-by numbers, and visualize story problems involving intervals of time. By placing and shading fraction overlays, students use the clock to contextualize fractions with frequently used denominators.
This virtual version of the manipulative is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use laptops, iPads, or Chromebooks.
The clock face is a key model used in Bridges in Mathematics, second edition. Online preview available.
- Add clocks with geared or free-moving hands.
- Set the time and run a live clock with a second hand.
- Display equivalent digital time.
- Label the hour and minute hands.
- Jump the minute hand on geared clocks by intervals of 1–60.
- Use the Elapsed Time tool to solve problems involving intervals of time.
- Overlay and shade circle fractions to explore fractional parts of an hour and fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, and 60.
- Resize and duplicate clocks to work with multiple clocks at once.
- Share your work by saving an image or creating an 8-character code and link to send to others.
Technical Support and Feedback
Please contact our team for app support and feedback.
© 2022 The Math Learning Center
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations: “We improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.” www.clarity-innovations.com.