Math Clock helps students become fluent working with time. Learners use analog clocks with geared or free-moving hands to learn how to tell time, explore jumps with count by numbers, and visualize story problems involving intervals of time. By placing and shading fraction overlays, students use the clock to contextualize fractions with frequently used denominators.
- Add clocks with geared or free-moving hands
- Set the time and run a live clock with a second hand
- Display equivalent digital time
- Add minute and hour hand labels
- Jump the minute hand on geared clocks by intervals 1-60
- Use the elapsed time tool to solve problems involving intervals of time.
- Overlay and shade circle fractions to explore fractional parts of an hour and fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, and 60
- Explain thinking with math, text, and freehand drawing tools
- Duplicate and resize clocks to work with multiple clocks at once
Web and Chrome versions coming in Spring 2019.
Technical Support and Feedback
These apps were crafted by Clarity Innovations: “We improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.” For app support and feedback, contact them at www.clarity-innovations.com/apps.
© 2019 Math Learning Center